Sunday 28 July 2019

Two wheel adventure

I've managed virtually no running miles this week, but all is not lost. I have logged over 150 miles on the bike and its been a real pleasure that a quiet period at work has coincided with the hot weather last week. True, we have had our share in recent days (and nights) of a thunder storm or two but they kinda go hand in hand - hot weather and thunder. One night a huge clap came out of nowhere and I nearly hit the ceiling. The bikes are mostly in a state of disrepair which is not satisfactory. I must get my finger out and sell or sling the various bits n bobs that are lying around and that are surplus to requirements. Some new gear is also required.
My Chas Roberts is assembled after 18 months, but is yet to hit the road and I need to get it fine tuned. I have been down the estate road on it and the position is bang on, which is great. The gears need a little tinkering and it could do with a once over by someone who knows what to do with a spanner!
My recent lurgy troubles appear to have dissipated and I feel now that I can dispense with the white gloves and dust mask...some of the neighbours are wondering if I've gone a bit gaga.
Next weeks weather looks wet, but there could be a slot tomorrow afternoon and again on Tuesday morning, so I will ensure I make myself available for some quality bike time. The Tour has been great this year and I am still keen to get out to the Alps again and do some big hills.  In the meantime I will have to make do with the Northumbrian countryside. Could do a lot worse. If I manage to pull on a pair of trainers, I'll let you know. In the meantime life's a two wheel adventure.

No comments: