Monday, 20 July 2026

Snowdon Race (Ras Yr Wyddfa) 2026


It was another long trip to North Wales for Speedy Joe's Snowdon appearance in a Scotland vest.  I was doing Dad's taxi and took the Nikon for some photos. 

I have just started to get back out on the road after my knee rehabilitation which has taken forever.  

It was the 49th running of this 10 mile Welsh classic and the Italians were back with their crack squad. The English team also had 4 very handy women runners who were joined by the Northern Irish, Irish and of course the hosts the Welsh, together with 300 other club runners and locals.

With a two o clock start, we woke to an early mist sitting over the lake in Llanberis. There was an inversion above which made everything a little grey in the valley. 

I managed two miles around the town and a slow coffee and we idled the morning away before getting out of the cottage and making our way up the hill. I speed-walked to the halfway mark, just before the bothy. 

There were the usual hoards of walkers around and for some, the walk to the top really is a major effort. I was more worried about how I was going to juggle taking photos and handing the youngsters water on the ascent and descent.  The sun began to break through around the hill, but I took most of the photos with a grey background which I think gave a spartan and rather bleak atmosphere.  As usual some very good shots, several moderate and a handful of duff images which will never see the light of day.


Once my water duties were no longer required I began to make my way down, snapping as I walked. 


All together not a bad weekend and the drive back and traffic on the Sunday was forgiving and we were pretty pleased to arrive home before four.    

Results at  https://tdleventservices.co.uk/

Photos at  https://photos.app.goo.gl/TUSpy28okM5rJnNs6

No comments: