Sunday 14 March 2010

Mudder's Day!


I don't know about you but I hate running first thing. We had a trip booked to Sheffield yesterday, so it was up and out for a run at 7am. After a grumpy 2 miles things brightened up and once into my stride I enjoyed the still sleepy spring sunshine as I tramped round the lanes for an hour.

Today it was a 16 mile cross country extravaganza with the lads with a few peeling off early for Mother's day. Our diminishing band then went 'all rural' and strangely found all the mud and pond life the County had to offer. My new trainers were stretcher cases at 10 miles and a mile from home a few of us diverted through a ford for a shoe wash. The water was b'*#dy freezing but it washed most of the clag off. A good sponging saw the loafers looking much improved...but experience says they'll never smell the same again.

No comments: