Thursday 16 May 2013

Nostalganista

Sat here watching the Eurovision semi-finals, I am sprawled untidily across the settee with my overly-tight calves raised up on a cushion. Not sure about the Romanian entry, but the Finish and Greek entries could be up there...
Right...where was I.
Tuesday night was a gentle jog around Woodhorn running in the opposite direction to the runners doing the 10k. I should get the photos loaded up; There's just been no time;
I was sent up to the loft yesterday to look for a violin that neither I nor the missus can play. In the process of digging it out, I came across an old box of my photos and cycling programmes from the late 1970's and early 80's. Thought I'd thrown them out. They might be worth something at Flog it, but not likely. They gave me hours of cheap nostalgia though as I flicked through various start sheets from years gone by. I was supposed to be riding tomorrow at the North East England Criterium Champs, my big come back, but have got reeled in to run the Masters Championship Relays at Sutton Park on Saturday. Difficult to do both. 

Any rate, all sport has been on the back burner of late as we clearly are romping out of recession and work is crackers. No bad thing, but its cramping my social life. May is in danger of being a blur.  All I need to do this weekend is keep it together and make sure nothing in the leg department goes all Duane Eddy. Might be time for some new trainers. Ding Dong.

No comments: