Friday 29 April 2011

Ghostriders



Training's going quite well now and although the vestiges of weariness from London are still floundering around in the legs I am, at last, having the luxury of paging through the various events that are in the calendar coming up over the next few weeks.

The plan is to hammer out some sort of time at next months Edinburgh Half. I know it'll be cool during the run because it starts at 8am. I might still be in my jim-jams. Is it possible to run with a sticky handful of marmalade, toast and a googy egg while rubbing the sleep from your eyes? I ran the course as part of last years marathon. A decent performance would be good for the confidence.

In the run-up to late May's junket around 'auld reekie' and 'the Pans' I fancy the Cheviot hill race on the 8th but can't risk damaging the old legs on the psycho-exocet-type downhilling that I would no doubt find myself adopting to gain a place. There's the Edinburgh to North Berwick but that's going to be too long so, instead, it might be a 10 miler somewhere else. Feels like a long time since I raced up there. A trail race would be ideal. From a quick scan though, it could be the 10k at Gala or the Loch Leven Half. I did Leven 3 or 4 years ago and it wasn't too bad a course. If I do it I'll have to run easy being a week before Edinburgh. In the meantime I've just scrounged a place at the Tees Barrage event this Monday so thats something to look forward to. Nice chaps those organiser people.


I'll leave you with this quote from Julius Caesar ('salad')...'Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; Methinks he trains too much'.



(The photo above was Aggies idea?)



No comments: