Saturday 20 February 2010

South Shields Cross Country (NEHL)


It was a fine day once the snow had melted making the ground soft. With a crowd of several hundred runners there was still ice covering the ponded water and boggy ground at the back of the course. The juniors had been round earlier and I joined the slow pack of around 200 for 3 two mile laps of Temple Park, south of the Tyne in South Shields.

For once it wasn't windy and after 2 laps I think I was around 15th but after a late night and still nursing the remnants of a cold I failed to improve and it was all backwards on the last lap to finish around 30th. You have to be philosophical about these sorts of performances and I was happy enough that there were no new or old aches or pains afterwards. Decent form is hard to find at present but that just means there is loads of room and time to improve. Might try some new runs. Some more flickr photos coming soon....


No comments: