Sunday 27 March 2011

Run Northumberland Half Marathon (2011)

Afternoon delight. Well, actually it was morning and on the bike I caught the lads out in the lanes for their 2 hour special. I headed on to Hartburn village on the route of this new half marathon. After 10 minutes the first of many appeared from around the leafy lanes.


As the runners passed me at around the 5 mile mark the sun was burning the clouds away and most runners at the Run Northumberland Half marathon were a wee bit overdressed. I soon found a small pile of discarded clothes beside my bike. James Buis rattled by in first position and even managed a smile. Perched on a dry stone wall and trying to get a few interesting angles I fell off the wall onto the road which with my dodgy back and cleated cycling shoes gave a few of the runners a moment of high comedy, probably the only one on this rolling but very scenic half marathon. After dropping of the various garments at the nearest marshall, I made for home to upload these. 18 on the bike followed by a hard 14 run this aft. Photos on the photo link (click on picture -right). Results up somewhere later.

3 comments:

fiona said...

Hi Ali. Great pics of the Northumberland half! I'm from Tynedale Harriers. Is there a chance we can use the pic ref 061 which shows Kirstie Anderson from our club, for a news item on our website? You can reply via the Tynedale Website (email link on 'about us' page). Best wishes – I enjoy your blog. Marcus

AMcD said...

Fiona
No problem with photo use. Hope Kirstie enjoyed the run.

Track & Field Sports said...

Great pics, thanks for putting these up.
The 2012 Run Northumberland half Marathon is on 25th March
entries are now being taken on www.runnorthumberland.org