Friday 9 April 2010

Ginger Nuts

Rested on Wednesday and on Thursday went out in the evening for an hour and for the first time felt like running, stringing a useful 8.5 miles together. The feel good factor wasn't, however, maintained today as I plodded around the streets for a little over an hour heavy legged in the sultry heat of the afternoon.
The biscuit barrel has been taking a bit of a hammering recently and this weeks choice are those stalwarts of the biscuit world, ginger nuts. Good value, very underrated and well up in the dunking stakes.
I had planned to run a long race in May and, thankfully, it's not the deal breaker of the season. The achilles niggle has meant fewer miles than usual. I think I'll manage to run the thing but it could end up being more of a social. I'd better have a scan through the calendar for April to see if there's something I can have a go at. In the meantime, I may have to up the ante and invest in a jumbo pack of Jaffa Cakes, a biscuit for true connoisseurs. Fewer calories and less fat than a digestive, more interesting than a rich tea and filled with all that tangy orange...Yep, my five a day fruit contribution is well covered.

No comments: