Sunday 18 April 2010

Mayday

Well, I've done it now. Rambling on last week about the poor start to the season I think I had a rush of blood to the head and while surfing for a 'longer' event to run late in April, I found myself entering the Edinburgh to North Berwick race on May day. At a distance of 20 miles it'll be a chunky test for me. In celebration of this temporary aberration, I managed a 14 mile steady session on Saturday and another 15 miles today (with the clan) through the daffodil strewn lanes.
Yesterday as I was padding along in the sun, I passed a runner going the other way. An older bloke, he was clad in trackie bottoms and a hoodie pulled tight around his face with only his eyes and nose poking out. A scarf or dust mask might have been more effective. Anyway, I'll have my work cut out for the next fortnight now. I'm already telling myself 'its just a training run'. Well, I'm all for new challenges.

No comments: