Saturday 23 October 2010

XC: Life of Grime


Messing around this morning included downloading Groove Armadas White Light Album. Absolutely Kicking. Just made it in time at lunchtime after the rain had passed to run the North East cross country league. It feels ages since I've done one and the course at Cramlington hasn't got any steep hills in it but it was a mudbath today and the fell shoes didn't fare very well. Couldn't help thinking how spikes would have been that bit better. Started from the slow pack today and floated around the 40th mark after the 2nd of 3 laps.


Anyway, it took around 40 minutes for the 9k course and I pretty much stuck to the task running with karl from Birtley and someone's dad (you certainly get a good idea of who is around you with the vocal support from the sidelines).


Windy, wet and, in the words of Potter, 'slitherin'... Just the way I like my cross country!

Results on the Race-Results site (See link on right hand margin). Better find a riot somewhere so I can get my caked legs in front of the water-cannon!

No comments: